Being fun and creative is not only important for children to do well at school but it is also important for them to have fun when they are at school so they can achieve the best hey can when they are in that environment.
There are some simple and fun ways to encourage creativity in your child at home and you will have fun too!
· Games – Playing games seems like a simple and easy way to have fun, but it also encourages creativity if you play the right games. Games are a great way to learn as well as have fun! Playing imaginary games and even making 풀싸롱 up a game together which is personal to you will engage your child so much more than if you just bought a game from a shop which already has the rules on how to play determined.
· Making up a story – Story time is something children look forward to with their parents right before bed. But rather than reading the same stories over and over why not spend some quality time with your child by making up a story together. Encourage your child to think of what will happen next.
· Drawing – Rather than having your child write things down, why not encourage drawing? Research has shown that many children remember things and learn more when they draw rather than write because it stays in their mind longer, and it also encourages their creative mind.
· Arts and Crafts – OK, so I know its messy but why not give your child some finger paints and paper and let them loose to draw and paint what ever they want. It’s a fun way of showing them that the sky is the limit and they can achieve anything if they think themselves capable of it.
Spending time together with your child cutting and sticking, drawing, painting, or making something arty opens up their minds and gives them the opportunity to think of things and scenarios that they may not have come up with otherwise.
· Music – Encourage singing or playing an instrument and over time your child can make their own songs up and practice new things.
· Drama and Sport – Getting involved in a drama club or some kind of sporting activity is a great way to be able to be something else and explore creativity and also helps them to think of what they want to do in the future as they also have fun.
Sharon Hughes is an experienced maths teacher, mum of two and owner of Tutors4gcse. Tutors4gcse offer a range of services aimed at helping learners achieve their potential, including qualified and experienced, subject specialist tutors.